Now hiring a Financial Controller
We are now looking to fill a key financial role for two major festivals both taking place in Suvilahti, Helsinki. You will be part of the teams for Flow Festival, a leading music and arts boutique festival and Tuska, an established heavy metal festival. In this role, you will support management in decision-making, coordinate the financial planning process, review performance vs recent budget and assess the business impact of initiatives. The successful candidate will be a key player across the teams and will report to the Managing Director of each festival.
We offer a lookout spot into the international festival business in a team of fantastic event experts. We are looking for a permanent and long-term employee, to begin as soon as possible.
Both Flow Festival and Tuska joined Superstruct Entertainment Group, in 2018 and 2021 respectively. Providence Equity backed Superstruct is a London based, live entertainment platform which owns and operates 50+ large-scale events in Europe and Australia.
- Review and coordination of the third-party accountants including day-to-day journal entries, payroll, taxes, month-end and year-end close
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Coordination of the year-end audits and internal control operations
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Manage banking relationships
- Coordination of the annual budget & forecasting process, ensuring effective challenge, budgetary control and timely re-forecasts for reporting
- Review / implement budgetary controls and invoice approval process based on hierarchy approval
- Weekly co-operation with budget holders to monitor variances against Budget/Forecasts and propose corrective actions with the support of the business unit
- Work with heads of department to ensure any additions outside of contractual agreements are recharged to contractors / artists
- Ensure budget discrepancies are reported to senior management for approval on a timely basis and issue periodic updates as required with re-forecast figures
- Review final year-end performance and interpret results, identify trends proactively, highlighting issues, working in partnership with the departments to plan appropriate actions to mitigate impact against the risk
- Prepare reports and track trends & variance against plans
- Presentation to the leadership about the latest performance and gap vs plans
- Support Senior Management / Owners in the performance review including delivery of a weekly dashboard on ticketing, sponsorship, artist costs and other key updates
- Ensure the timely delivery of insightful management information to the departments and proactively recommend solutions in order to support effective decision making
- Monthly review of General Ledger and cash flow management over the year
- Ensure the monitoring of targets and KPIs to allow the company to make appropriate business decisions
- Perform ad-hoc analysis
- Support in assessing commercial revenue deals with third parties in the Group for example across ticketing deals, bar deals, concession deals, merchandise deals and other opportunities for the festivals
- Audit all income streams to ensure adherence with the contractual agreements
- Review artist contracts and ensure any agreed contractual requirements are included within budgets
- Ensure artist settlements include any recharges / withholding taxes as contractually required
- Work with Superstruct to deliver the most cost-effective insurance policies not limited to cancellation, ground reparation, equipment, Public Liability & Employers Liability and ensuring appropriate cover
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ prior experience gained in a finance and reporting or similar role
- Excellent financial and analytical modelling skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a small team
- English and Finnish language skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organisational and execution skills
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and tasks and excels at organisation, and time management
- Experience of working in events and an interest in music festivals, considered a positive
Please apply with a short cover note and your CV as well as your salary request as soon as possible and no later than October 27th.
Inquiries and applications by email to Suvi Kallio, Flow Festival Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would be delighted to receive your application and look forward to getting to know you.
Flow Festival, a truly international boutique city festival has been organised in Helsinki annually since 2004. Flow was born out of the founders’ passion for culture and in 15 years it has grown from a small club event to the trailblazing European music and arts festival it is today. Flow is known for its broad music and arts program, hand-picked food and restaurant services, thoughtfully designed and decorated festival area and extensive sustainability program.
Tuska festival has gathered metalheads into the moshpits all the way since 1998. Tuska festival offers a three-day carefully curated artist cavalcade, not forgetting the diverse genres of metal music. Tuska is known as a unique, safe and constantly evolving event. During the past exceptional year, Tuska has kept the flame alive in the metal audience and instilled faith in people for a better tomorrow. Tuska 2022 is a highly awaited event for both the organizers as for the bands and the fans.