Summary of Saturday’s events (Sun Aug 13th):
Yesterday’s storm was short and pithy: the downburst generated a wind speed of up to 30 m/s
Due to hazardous weather conditions, we were forced to cut short the programme of Lapin Kulta Red Arena and Zalando Black Tent, and temporarily clear both tents. The program of the Main Stage and the Bright Balloon 360° Stage had to be interrupted as well. Performances continued on Main Stage at 9pm, but the Balloon Stage program had to be cancelled due to technical problems. At the smaller venues, there was a break of approximately 15 minutes in the program.
The safety of Lapin Kulta Red Arena and Zalando Black Tent had to be confirmed before the program could continue. Officials gave green light for continuing at 10:20pm and the program continued in both tents at 10:30pm.
Due to weather conditions, performances by Timo Lassy Band, Mikko Joensuu, Janka Nabay & The Bubu Gang, Sampha ja Front 242 had to be cancelled. Additionally, Danny Brown’s performance had to be interrupted.
Flow Festival continues on Sunday on all venues as scheduled – welcome!
Updates during Saturday:
– No more changes ahead tonight. Thank you for your patience and have a great evening!
– The evening continues as scheduled besides Bright Balloon 360° Stage.
– Unfortunately, Front 242’s performance has been cancelled!
The program at Zalando Black Tent continues at 22.30!
The new schedule for tonight is:
00.00 Death Grips
22.30 Bicep (live)
The program at Lapin Kulta Red Arena continues at 22.30! Unfortunately, Sampha’s performance tonight has been cancelled.
The new schedule for tonight is:
00.00 Flume (AU)
22.30 Alma (FI)
– The new schedules are on the way as soon as we get the confirmation from the officials that the program can inside the tents can continue.
– Unfortunately Sampha won’t perform tonight.
– However, we are doing everything we can to continue the program inside the tents!
– Zalando Black Tent still under investigation. Hopefully we can open it and Lapin Kulta Red Arena very soon and get the bands going!
– Lapin Kulta Red Arena is being repaired and it will be opened once crowd safety has been officially confirmed.
– Goldfrapp takes the Main Stage!
– The program continues at Backyard, Katerina on stage!
– The program on Main Stage will continue as scheduled at 9PM.
– Unfortunately, Danny Brown won’t be able to take the stage today.
– The program at Backyard for rest of the Saturday has been cancelled.
– The conditions on the following stages are under review: Main Stage, Lapin Kulta Red Arena, and Zalando Black Tent. The program on these stages will continue as soon as possible.
– Unfortunately, due to weather conditions, rest of Saturday’s program at Bright Balloon 360° Stage has been cancelled.
– Entrance to the festival area is now possible.
– The program continues normally on the following venues: Resident Advisor Front Yard, Red Garden, Voimala, The Other Sound (Tiivistämö), Backyard, Vinyl Market, Riviera Cinema Bar
– The program has been interrupted temporarily and will be continued as soon as possible on the following stages: Main Stage, Lapin Kulta Red Arena, Zalando Black Tent, Bright Balloon 360°
UPDATE 7.44PM: Program continues at Resident Advisor Front Yard, Red Garden, Voimala, The Other Sound (Tiivistämö), Backyard, Vinyl Market, Riviera Cinema Bar.
UPDATE 7.33PM: All program will continue as soon as possible.
UPDATE 7.24PM: The interrupted stages are Main Stage, Lapin Kulta Red Arena, Zalando Black Tent, Resident Advisor Front Yard, Bright Balloon 360° Stage, Backyard.
UPDATE 7.22PM: At this moment, it is not possible to enter the area.
UPDATE 7.20PM: Performances on the outdoor stages have been TEMPORARILY interrupted due to weather conditions. In order to stay updated on the weather conditions, please pay attention to the festival screens, listen to the stage hosts and comply with the instructions given by the security guards.
Flow continues on Saturday by showcasing amazing program and artists! The Flow Festival production is well-prepared for weather conditions, and because of Saturday’s weather forecast, a range of predictive safety measures have been made.
We recommend bringing extra clothes in case of rain today, which you can leave at the cloakroom. The cloakroom can be accessed from both inside and outside the area. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed in the festival area! Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope that Helsinki will be spared from heavier thunder today, so the we can all enjoy the day with dry feet.
Our staff responsible for the area, stages and technology have years of experience regarding major event productions, and they are experienced in dealing with extremely challenging weather conditions as well. Our safety team is continuously in direct contact with the Finnish Meteorological Institute, and they will keep us informed of the latest developments in the weather conditions.
Flow Festival will give festivalgoers instructions through various channels, should it happen that the weather requires any major measures in the festival area. In order to stay updated, please pay attention to the festival screens, listen to the stage hosts and comply with the instructions given by the security guards. This page will be updated as well, if necessary.
Have a great Saturday at Flow Festival!